Dustin Stroh
Dustin Stroh, Specialist
Experience:  Owner at (Self) Personal Computer Pros)
105381830

Most of the text in my Publisher file has been replaced with

Most of the text in my Publisher file has been replaced with symbols like hashtags and spaces. I've tried going to "restore previous versions" but it says there are none available even though I've saved the document multiple times over the past month.
JA: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?
Customer: Publisher 2010
JA: Is your file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?
Customer: No, just my laptop
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so, thank you

Hello my name is Dustin (20+ year expert). Welcome to Justanswer.com a paid Q&A tech site, it would be my pleasure to assist you today with the corrupted Publisher software. :) Ready to get started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dustin, my name is***** please!

OK great! :)
*In a sec here a premium service offer will automatically pop-up, this is automatically offered by the website and not by me. In this particular case remote support is not needed, so yes kindly ignore the offer. Thank you. :)

More than likely the publisher software has become corrupted you need to uninstall it, then reboot the computer very important, then reinstall a fresh copy of publisher 2010 this will not affect your data and should resolve your issue. ~Dustin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you. I'm glad it's relatively simple!

No problem, let me know if that does not work but it should. I will go ahead and mark this as completed you can still ask me more questions if needed. :-) Dustin