Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I can receive but not send emails. Can you help please?

Customer Question

JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Outlook
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Home PC
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I put in the 4 didn't access code but that hasn't helped. I am not very computer literate and cannot get online help through the Microsoft site
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the troubles you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Outlook account.

Can you try to access your Outlook account via browser using the link below?

Open the link and try to sign in with your Outlook account. Please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can sign in fine, I just can't send emails
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No thank you

You may see an automatic service offer from this site. They are optional, we can continue to chat without any additional charges. This was offered automatically by the website, not initiated by me. Please ignore the message and we can continue to chat until we solve the issue.

What happens when you try to send an email?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Account temporarily blocked, subsequent access codes don’t fix the problem
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
account is temmporarily blocked access codes don't fic the problem
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Are you still there?

Just to confirm, do you use an email account ending with @outlook.com or any other mail account?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have two email addresses which operate through Outlook,***@******.*** and***@******.***

Could you send me a screenshot of the error message?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
how do i do that?

Are you getting the error message for both of the accounts?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, just the outlook account

Could you send a test mail to yourself and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.Subject:
Sent: 07/06/2021 10:45The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:***@******.*** on 07/06/2021 10:45
This message could not be sent. The client operation failed. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator.

Please allow me a moment to write the instructions for you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Just to confirm are you getting this error message on the Outlook app on your computer?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Unfortunately I need to leave now for an appointment, would it be possible please to email any instructions to***@******.*** and I'll pick them up when I return.

You can get back to me when you are free. I will send the instructions here, you can open this page to access the instructions.

Before getting started, please follow the instructions in the link below to back up your emails.

Then please follow the instructions in the link below to fix your Outlook email connection by repairing your profile.

->If that didn’t work, then please follow the steps given below to repair your profile.

Step 1. Simultaneously press the Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

Step 2. In the run command box, type: outlook.exe /manageprofiles and press Enter.

Step 3:Once you open the Mail applet, you can recreate your mail profile by following the steps given below:

1. Select the Show profiles option.
  2. Press the button Add…
    • Do NOT use Copy… not even when you want to recreate your mail profile or you’ll end up copying the corruption as well.
    • Do NOT delete your old profile, not even when it is corrupted before you’ve verified that the new one works.
  3. Enter a name for your new Mail Profile.
  4. Fill out the Auto Account Setup dialog (sign in with your Outlook account)
  5. Follow on-screen instructions to (further) configure your account.

Now that you’ve added an additional mail profile, you should configure Outlook to prompt you for which profile you want to start Outlook with. You can do this in the same Mail applet opened in step 3 and select “Prompt for a profile to be used.” and select the new profile while opening the Outlook app.

Please click the link below for detailed instructions.

Please click the link below for a video walkthrough of the steps below to repair your Outlook profile

If the above methods didn’t work, then please follow the instructions in the link below to fix it

->If none of the above instructions work, then try the steps below:

It is possible that your Outlook has lost connection with the email server. So you can delete the account and add it back, which will make Outlook re-establish the email connection back. Please follow the steps given below.

1. Open Outlook.
  2. Click File and click Account Settings.
  3. Under Account Settings, select and remove your mail account.
  4. Click New and add your mail account back.

(Please keep in mind this will delete the emails from the Outlook app, but the emails will be re-downloaded back when you add the account back if they are available on the mail server. Also, you must add it back with the correct password)

->If all the above methods failed to fix the problem, then you need to repair the Office and check if fixes the issue.

1. Simultaneously press the Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

2. In the run command box, type: appwiz.cpl and press Enter.

3. In Programs and features, select the Office version you have installed, and click Change.(or right-click on it, and click on Change.)

4.Select Quick Repair, and then click Repair. You may have to restart your computer after the repair process is complete.

(If the issue is not resolved after you use the Quick Repair option, use the Online Repair option as displayed in the following dialog box)

Wait for the Office to finish the repair.

Note: The "Online Repair" process, will remove and then will reinstall all the Office applications on your PC. After, reinstall you may be prompted to reactivate your Office product.

Once done, restart the computer and check how it works.