SaloniM
SaloniM, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Applications
110384226

I have recently found that MS Excel "hangs" when referencing

Customer Question

I have recently found that MS Excel "hangs" when referencing a cell in one worksheet to a cell in another worksheet within the same file. It can take 20-30 seconds for the referencing to resolve itself. Any clues as to why this happens?
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: Excel, Office 365
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not to Office, but automatic MS updates, yes
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  SaloniM replied 8 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Select “Excel Add-ins” in the “Manage” drop-down menu, then select “Go…“. If any items are checked, try unchecking them, then selecting “OK“. This will disable Add-ins that may be causing the freezing. Close Excel, then launch it normally to see if that did the trick.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I didn't do the trick. There were no add-ins. I could send you an example file if that helps.
Expert:  SaloniM replied 7 days ago.

Please refer to the below link for add-ins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZTIq7oznWo

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni