Rafi
Rafi, IT Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager
106284071

I am unable to install applications (following office 365

I am unable to install applications (following office 365 upgrade)
I had a problem opening Adobe acrobat reader so uninstalled it and had to call the help desk (adobe) to get it installed.
At present I can only open docs with Edge. The application will not install due to a 1711 error. Adobe engineer has spent some time investigating and until this is resolved cannot proceed.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid Question, and Answer support site. I am Rafi with 15+ years of experience and will try to do my best to help you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Adobe help took control of my lap top and deleted all of their files and re installed several times - had to give elevation permission (?) During installation the programme could not complete loadind due to this 1711 error from which was concluded the error was related to windows undate

Thank you for accepting the service offer. I’ll be assisting you further.

Download the Zoho App using the link below on your computer.

Run the app to install it

Hit the join button to connect with me post-installation.

Link -

https://join.zoho.com/631154654

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello I accepted this offer and IT came up on the remote access as the expert and asked me what the issue was so I had to repeat it all again. Spent 10 mins loading adobe told me it was fixed but did not test and took £22 off me and it is still not working !

We did remote and fixed this issue. As mentioned, we installed Adobe Reader, change the default to open Reader and confirmed PDF files are being read

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Then why can I not open files - right click open with adobe and nothing happens. or if you click on the file then word tells you it is converting it.

You can't open a word file as a PDF

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I was trying to open a PDF file from word that should work surely?

That will not. As mentioned your PDF is working with PDF files. Thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
how should I open PDF files I have in folders

Just click on the file and it will open as PDF its already set to default

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This does not work, I cannot open PDFs from emails either now. before you changed anything the Adobe guy left me with an option to open PDf with edge which does not work either now so I cannot open any pdf files anywhere.Don't you think you should refund your fee as mattes are worse if anything and I have no solution still?

Sorry wished we had another solution here for this issue. Hope you understand

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
As you have not resolved the issue then surely I should not be paying?

As stated Adobe reader was working.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am I sorry but you may have thought it was working, you did not show me it was working, so why can I not open any PDFs, and why will you not issue a refund?

I'm a site user like you, so I don't have access to your account details or charges, but customer service would be glad to help you with that. You may reach out to JA customer service at https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us. Thank you very much for your time and patience. Please let me know if you have any further questions.