Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 15 years of professional experience.
30759776

I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop. I'm trying to download

I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop. I'm trying to download and install the HP Smart app from the MS Store in order to complete the setup of a new HP printer. When the MS Store window opens for this app and I click on the 'Get' button, nothing happens. Can you please advise?
JA: When did you last update your HP software?
Customer: I've had a HP inkjet printer for several years, so that would have been when I installed the relevant software for that printer. I haven't changed anything since then.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com, which is a paid question and answer website. My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to helping you.

This sounds like it may be a temporary issue. Have you already turned the laptop off and on? If not, please do so and update me on the status of the problem.

---As a note:
You may ignore additional offers such as phone calls or remote session requests as those are automatically offered by the website. If you do wish for me to remotely connect to your computer and help you fix this problem, please let me know.

***** *****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was having this problem yesterday. I tried turning the laptop off and on then and the problem still persisted. I've just switched the computer on this morning and the problem is still there.

Please, follow the instructions below:
- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: wsreset
- Click the Ok button.

- Once that completes, restart the computer once more and test it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Jason,
Sorry for the delayed response, but I got side-tracked with something else. Yes, your suggestion worked fine - many thanks. I've given you an excellent rating.

Hello friend,

You are most welcome. Thank you for giving me the chance to help, today.

If you need help with anything in the future, please let me know.

***** *****

You may mark ***** ***** as one of your 'Favorite Experts' on one of the pages linked below:
USA Site: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/dashboard
UK Site: https://my-secure.justanswer.co.uk/dashboard