Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I bought a recon laptop and i need to change access to

I bought a recon laptop and i need to change access to website eg metart.NET WHICH IS CONSIDERED PORN, BUT IT I7S NOT
JA: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?
Customer: METART.COM AND METART.NET BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHICH IS OK BECAUSE I CANNOT GET EITHER. MAYBE ONE OF THEM IS NOT ACCEPTABLE
JA: What does your screen look like when you try to open the program?
Customer: IT SAYS THE SITE IS BLOCKED ACCORDING TO NETWORK SETINGS
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOPE

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Click start, type in control panel and click on it

Go to Internet Options in Control Panel and on the Security tab, click on Restricted Websites in the Internet Security Zone, and then on the button labeled “Sites” (See image below). Check if the URL of the website you wish to access is listed there. If yes, select the URL and click Remove

Then try to access it

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
failed. "pornography and sexulity" is blocking ccess to the cite, which actually is only nude photography

Are you at a work environment?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i am in hospital
i am sorry, i have no funds here
so i cannot pay
........... sorry

ok, it is the hospital that is blocking it, you need to request they unblock it else you wont be able to view the page sorry

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i dont see how they can do that- its my laptop, but
thankyou anyway

It is because they control your internet access.

You are most welcome