K Dismas
K Dismas, IT
Experience:  Developer/Programmer/Computer Technician
104540271

I have tried everything I've been told to do and I'm still

I have tried everything I've been told to do and I'm still locked out The command prompt is showing an out of date email address and will not accept any password ***** put in I cannot gain access to my PC and efforts to do something on my phone have failed.I now need help desperately

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** am sorry for the trouble you are facing right now.
But, I'll do my best to help you with your concern.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you I'm desperate at the moment
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm unable to connect to my desk top as it wount let me in so there is no Internet connection
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm a little confused at the moment I have no access to my desktop as it is in automatic repair mode and has locked me out so although my bt router is on I have no Internet connection. The email address of my desk top is***@******.***. It has bounced back mail sent yesterday.

I know how frustrating it is for you. But in your case, you might need to press and hold the power button of your computer for 30 seconds or until the power shuts off, unplug all cables for 5 minutes, plug them back in and turn on your computer and see if the problem persists. Also, please try to restart your router. Please let me know after.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Done that and restarted my router. It's still the same inautomstic repair mode

Okay. May I know what options you are getting after the repair mode failed to recover the computer?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Re start advanced options

Please select Advanced Options.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Done

Select System Restore.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Done

Okay. Select a restore point before the problem occurs and then continue the process.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I don't have that option it goes straight to the account option
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
This is where it all ends as I can't continue without a password

I am so sorry to hear that.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
am I

I am so sorry to hear that. It seems you are not connected to the internet therefore you cannot log in to your account. Please try to do a power cycle on your router to fix the problem. To do so, kindly turn off the router, unplug the power cable for 5-10 minutes, plug the cable back in, then turn on the router.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Done see you in 5

Great! I hope it works and enables you to resolve the issue you have.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry its still in automatic repair mode. In system restore where I'm supposed to enter my password ***** will not show me a list of accounts on this PC there's also a forgotten password ***** which doesn't work eitger

I am sorry for the difficulties you are now experiencing. I understand how frustrating it is for you. The forgot password *****'t work because the Chromebook will only be accessed using the old password. In that case, you need to perform a powerwash on your device. Please take note that it will erase all the data on your device. Please visit the link below and navigate to the highlighted text for more detailed instructions.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
This is very disappointing I have an hp desk top will it be the same? How did this happen in the first place it froze up whilst working and now I'm in this mess.Thank you for trying any way

Most of the time, the problem occurs due to system updates and/or improper shutdown of the device that causes the device Operating System to act differently.

I just want to tell you that I am not related to any service provider, store, or account. Instead, you have reached JustAnswer, a network of experts that are willing to assist you with your problem.

Also, you can try to contact HP customer support to resolve the issue. You can reach them through this number, 1-(800)-108-4747. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing right now. I know how frustrating it is for you, but I hope you understand the situation. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'll try any thing at the moment any way thanks again for you help

You're welcome! Thank you for choosing us as your advising partner, and have a wonderful day.