michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I have had a Hotmail account for many years. On 4 Sept it

I have had a Hotmail account for many years. On 4 Sept it stopped allowing me from replying to email and will not let me send email. This is a serious situation as I depend on email.
JA: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: mainly on iPad but have just bought a new laptop and that is when my problem started
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can’t think of anything at present. Appreciate any help

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Michelle and I will be assisting you today.
I will try my best to assist you.

If I understand, you are facing trouble replying to emails in hotmail. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
am receiving emails but am unable to reply or send new mail

How do you access your email, in mail app or Outlook app?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Mail app

Thanks for the information.
I understand how frustrating this can be.

Please open your email in the link below

http://www.outlook.com

this link will open in safari or any other browser that you are using.

sign in to your email

if you are able to get signed in, try sending/replying to an email in browser webmail itself and let me know if that works or not

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Unable to get mail in mail app and unable to access Outlook .com. Going mad!

I know this must be a difficult time. I will help you out.

Are you chatting with me on ipad or the new computer?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ipad

open safari and then type www.outlook.com

once the outlook website open , sign in

if you are unable to open the website, open the link below and download and install the outlook app and sign in to your email in the outlook app

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-outlook/id951937596

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Michelle. I think I have got my email back . The format is different from previously . I am not yet sure whether I can reply to an email but time will tell. Thank you for your help

you are welcome

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
If I recover an email from my folders can I reply to those, I have a holiday booked and will need to contact hotel and airline. I have info in relation to both in my folders

yes you can try replying.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am unable to access my the contents of my folders in hotmail as the message this message has not been downloaded from the server is shown on each folder. How do I recover these messages

how are you checking your email. In mail app or Outlook app?

Experience: Indept expertise on MS Office package
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can access them on hotmail app but not on outlook map. I am unable to reply on hotmail app but can on outlook app. Is there any way to transfer my folders to Outlook app ?

both outlook and Hotmail use the same Microsoft server.

Hello, my name is Joseph.  I see you want remote assistance and I see you are on an iPad.  To do this we need to use Anydesk.  I will send you the steps to set this up and once you have Anydesk running, please send me your access code.  I look forward to working with you in this way.

For remoting in on a Mac we use Anydesk. Go to anydesk.com and download the remote tool. You also need to grant it access to screen recording and accessibility. Next, follow this guide to allow the program to run. https://support.anydesk.com/Security_Permissions_on_macOS. Next send me the access code.