hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Expert
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of Microsoft Office problems
40928634

We have a free charity office 365 account using domain

We have a free charity office 365 account using domain pcgt.co.uk.
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: Outlook. I am not an admin, but keep getting two 'major update' emails regularly which i want to stop. The admin person can let me in but despite ticking or unticking every box I can't stop these emails
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, go ahead pls

Firstly please note that the solicitation for PREMIUM OFFERS such as REMOTE ASSISTANCE or a PHONE CALL are sent by this website WITHOUT my permission and you may ignore them for now. Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, which is a PAID Question and Answer support website. Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply. I am sorry that you having a problem with your equipment and will help you resolve the issue. I am reviewing your question and will answer you shortly. Thank you for your patience! Please note that you have reached website is JustAnswer.com which is an independent PAID question-answer website thank you for your business.

That sounds like you need to update the 365 Office on your particular computer you should do this please.
In Word, click the File on the top left then click on Accounts on the bottom left.
Then over on the right click the Update Office tile as I have shown in the photo below thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I do not have 365 myself - just office 2019. The unwanted microsoft emails are forwarded to my home email from a pcgt.co.uk account

Ok then you'll need to contact the person has put your email address in the forwarding part of their email program thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That's the problem. Previous emails are deleted, so I can't link to the microsoft site at the moment. When I next get one with the unsubscribe link on it, I need to get the code it sedns to the admin person and then log in. Then I need to contact you again - how do I do that?

Also Microsoft will NEVER send mails to do updates you should block the email account that you are receiving these scam emails from

https://www.technipages.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-microsoft-email-scams#

It sound like someone is trying to get your Microsoft account details you should log into your account and immediately change your password

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I did block the domain, and these now go to Spam. I'll have to wait till I get the next one and reconnect

No please DO NOT click any link in any emails to reconnect!
Log into your Microsoft account and change your password

https://myaccount.microsoft.com/

or

https://account.microsoft.com/account/Account?ru=https%3A%2F%2Faccount.microsoft.com%2F&destrt=home.landing

Also whoever is the admin for the 365 account must change the password ***** the domain because they may have been scammed and the scammer is using that domain to send out links to viruses etc

The emails you received to update, show that the domain has been compromised

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for this, I actually meat "reconnect" to you. But I note your advice
My pleasure the scammers are crafty.
Don't be a victim.
I'll close this report thank you