Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am unable to access outlook stating access denied and all

Hi, I am unable to access outlook stating access denied and all emails stopped working
JA: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?
Customer: outlook 2010
JA: What does your screen look like when you try to open the program?
Customer: File access denied
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This followed my attempt to move one of outlook files onto d drive

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11?
    2. What email account are you using in your Outlook? Please tell me just the domain name part of your email address, the part with the @ sign, like @gmail.com.

Thank you and please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Window 7, @rrchambers.co.uk

Are you still able to access this @rrchambers.co.uk email account using a web browser?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 3 days ago.

Why are you unable to access your email account using a web browser?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Says incorrect user ID or password
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I use Microsoft Exchange account

Have you tried resetting the password ***** the web browser then?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No

Is this email account a corporate email hosted by Office 365?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No through Fasthosts

Are you able to access your email account through FastHosts cPanel portal?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have not tried that

Please give it a try. The problem could be your email account so it stopped working in your Outlook.

Are you still able to open the Outlook program right now?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No that’s how it started, I couldn’t access outlook after I tried to move one of the outlook folders from c: to d: following an online video guidance
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Continues to show access denied to outlook

Can you show me a screenshot of the error that you are getting when opening Outlook?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Attached thank you

Is that the original location of the OST file?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
As I mentioned the file was moved from c drive to d drive but I believe that this is the original location.

Wait, did you move the file from that location so it means the file is no longer there? Please check that path displayed there and see if the OST file is still there.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am afraid I am not a computer expert. Please advise how to do that. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
This follows on from last shot posted

Thank you for patiently waiting. To troubleshoot this problem, please try to do the following:

1. Reboot or restart the computer. So you might need to print these steps before restarting.
  2. After restarting, do not open Outlook yet.
  3. Click on the Cortana search icon or search box on the system try then type "cmd" without the quotes, then in the results, click on Run as Administrator. This will open an elevated command prompt.
  4. In the black command window, type the command below then press Enter to execute. The command has two words, there is a space between c and / but there is no space between / and s.

sfc /scannow

5. Give it all the time it needs to finish and do not open any programs yet to allocate all resources to the scan process. When errors are found and fixed after the command is done, restart the computer then try opening Outlook again.

Thank you and I hope that helped. If you need further assistance, please let me know. I will be happy to assist you until your issue is resolved.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Many thanks. I will try that

Yes, please. Keep me posted with the results so that I can assist you further.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Jess, I have followed your instructions abd entered cmd but there is no progress beyond that and still stuck on the screen as per attachment and is not showing Run as Administrator. Please advise. Thank you

Thank you for the screenshot. Please follow the exact steps I gave you. You need to open or run the Command Prompt as Administrator. The prompt should give you C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Then you type the command I gave you (see below) then press Enter to execute.
sfc /scannow

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you. The screen still the same C:Users\Dr Badr> how do I open or run the Command Prompt as Administrator?

I already provided the procedures. Here are the steps:

1. Click on the Cortana search icon or search box on the task bar (long bar below the screen) then type "cmd" without the quotes.
  2. Then in the results, click on Run as Administrator. This will open an elevated command prompt.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Many thanks but I am not getting the same results as per your instructions and your photos
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Jess
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Any further advice please

I am still here. Sorry for the delay. I have been having trouble sending you replies.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I wonder why
I already replied several times with long replies but it will not go through. I already reported the problem to our system support. Please try the steps in this link:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/howto/run-programs-as-administrator-windows-7-start-menu-search/

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am afraid no help!

Try to right-click on cmd .exe then click Run as Administrator.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you. Yes the right click worked! Now I have this screen
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Please advise next step

In the black command window, type the command below then press Enter to execute. The command has two words, there is a space between c and / but there is no space between / and s.

sfc /scannow

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
What is the command where is the c

sfc /scannow

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Great! Started scanning! Thank you

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Jess, the scanning is now complete. This is the final screen. What do I need to do next please
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have restarted the computer and started outlook but I am afraid still the same problem! Any other suggestions? Would uninstalling outlook/ office then reinstalling fix the problem without loss of data? Would you be able to log on and fix it remotely? Please advise. Thank you

Yes, a remote session will be a better option going forward. I already sent an offer for a remote session. Please accept it so that I can remotely access your computer and fix the problem while you watch.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you. I haven’t received your remote session offer yet. Can we start in around one hour please? Thank you

I already sent the offer, please scroll up the page to locate it. You can then accept it so that we can do the remote session.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have scrolled up abd down the page but cannot find the offer

I am sorry to hear that. See the attached screenshot. That is when or where I sent the offer.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am communicating on my mobile. Would a start time for the session @6.30 be convenient

I am from a different time zone and it is 1AM here where I am. I will be up until 3AM only (2 hours from now) and will be back online after another 6 hours.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you. We can start in 15 minutes

Okay. Please try to log in to your JustAnswer account on your computer so that you can easily locate the offer I sent you and accept it from there. We cannot do the remote session until the offer is accepted.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Sure

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Jess, do I log onto justanswer.co.uk?

Yes, please login in to your JustAnswer account on your computer to access our chat page. There you can easily locate the offer I gave you and accept it.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am sorry but it seems to be taking a long time to log in! Is that the correct address in the screen shot

Yes, please give it some time to load.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Fine thanks
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No progress!
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I do not want to delay you but something is wrong
Please try using another web browser like Chrome.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
In now through Chrome. Do I go to start chat?

Yes please check our chat there on Chrome and locate my offer and accept it.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Sorry again I cannot see our chat and not sure if I have an account here!

Please hide or minimize that Customer Care window. At the top right, there is a link for "My Questions". Please click on it.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Where is the link to my questions

Please hide or minimize that Customer Care window. At the top right of the page, you shall see My Questions.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Found the link but don’t seem to have an account??!!

I believe you are already logged in there so it shall list your question there.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am really sorry! When I click on my questions I get the request for the sign in

Then please sign in. Your login credentials could have been sent to your email.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Jess, my sincere apologies. Unfortunately one of the problems is that I cannot get you emails. This is unfortunate.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Jess, my sincere apologies. Not sure how to proceed. I have not received credentials by email please advise

Please contact our customer service so that you can login using your Chrome browser.

US/Canada(###) ###-####/p>

Australia 1800-569-112

New Zealand 0800-426-339

United Kingdom 0***-***-****

The rest of the world(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Managed to get in is it still possible to do the remote session

Yes. Please check our chat and locate the offer I sent you and accept it.

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer for Secure Remote Assistance so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.

Here is the link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3786fb77-5597-4669-ae95-6021d8131b89

Best regards,

Jess