Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have recently created a Microsoft office business account

HelloCustomerI have recently created a Microsoft office business account that I need to delete and cancel my subscription asap! I have tried the recommended by Microsoft steps and I can’t delete the account ; ( could you help?

Hi, my name isCustomer and welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding Microsoft Office.

If you have already purchased Office for one year, you may have to keep it for one year even if you have canceled the subscription.  Please be back later when you are free and we can continue the session.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have 7 days to cancel and a month of trial so I shall be ok to delete the account without any charges? If I cancel within a day or so I shall be ok! Please allow me to contact you later on the day when in back home
If you are on the trial period you can cancel it without any charges. Just open the email for the order and you can get an option to cancel the subscription over there.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
HelloCustomer I wonder if you’re available to help me with this enquiry?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am having a little trouble to follow your advice above
I apologize for the delay in my response. 

Do you have the order email with you? Can you attach the email screenshot here?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello sorry are you here?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I missed your reply sorry ; (

Do you have the order email with you?

Can you attach the email screenshot here?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sure I will and I will explain as good as I can

Okay.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
1. It was done on the 16th June and I am looking to cancel before the 7 days limit / I am also in a month’s trial
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
First of all I need to say that I have not yet received any confirmation that the account is actually up and running. The last email I received from Microsoft (during purchase ) indicated that the account is under review - not sure what that means- but never heard back

Have you charged for the order?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I understand that for cancelling any subscriptions I have to go to billing (in the administrators site)

Please go to the link below, and sign in using your email account and password ***** you have used to purchase Office.

https://account.microsoft.com/services/

Over there, you have the option to cancel the subscription.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok two secs

Take your time.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hm it doesn’t allow me to login, it says the account doesn’t exist (?)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am logged in here, is not the same page of the link that you provided?

Can you attach the email you received when purchasing it?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The email I sent you is the only one that I have received (as far as I am aware)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It is the email that says that the account is under review- shall I attach it again?

So, you have not received an order for the purchase?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Not that I know. I searched my emails using domains like Microsoft.com and Microsoftonline.com and nothing else comes up

If so, you might not have purchased it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Could you help me to confirm if any payment is pending? I do know with certainty that the billing account is active
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will have to cancel everything I’ve done and ensure that no payments will go through in the future - could you help me cancelling and closing down the account?

You will not be charged if you do not have a Microsoft account. You have purchased it online from Microsoft. Right?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The issue is that when I check the instructions of what I shall do to cancel the subscription through the account I don’t seem to have the options that are indicated

Can you show me the screen?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I do have an account - what I haven’t done is purchasing products -
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Please see above I have sent a picture
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Of the Microsoft 365 admin centre and what I see under products (which is where you cancel the subscription)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’ll
Send you few more Serena
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Screens I mean

Click the Billing option and send me a screenshot.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Billing is active ; ( they will charge me at the end of the one month trial
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
This is the info

Show me the screens for Licenses and Billing notifications.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Z
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
A
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Z

It seems that you have not purchased any product and you will not be charged.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
To be honest I have read that you may be charged even if you have closed the account - there is a page where they indicate steps for appropriately closing the account but where I get stack is with not finding the cancel option

But you have not received any order regarding the purchase. You have received an email regarding the Microsft account only.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What are you recommending? Just leave it like this? Are you confident I won’t be charged?

I do not think you have ordered Office, because you have not received any order or confirmation for the order even if it is a trial version.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It is all very confusing because I have the month of trial. Is this trial of the product or the account and if I keep the account but I don’t buy any product now what will happen? Will the trial start when I purchase something?

If you have ordered the product and got a trial version, you must have received an email with an order receipt which includes the option to cancel it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can I confirm? By product we mean eg. The office suit or any programme eg. Outlook?

Product means Office. If you have not got an email with the order confirmation, you will not be charged for sure.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
See what it looks like. What sense do you make?

It is an online version of Office. You can use it even if you have not purchased anything.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can I please double check one last thing?
If you see the billing screen shots I sent you in one we read:
Billing notifications sent “email not provided”
Could it be that they sent me a billing / order notification and I haven’t received it because I have provided correctly an email address for billing purposes ?

You are checking the order receipt on the email address and not the Microsoft email page. Right?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am checking the information that appear in the account under billing accounts and I have forwarded above (second picture of billing accounts)

Even if you have not provided any other emails, you will get the confirmation email on the one you have used to purchase it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Perfect. So I shall just leave things as they are and we have established that I will not be charged

Yes. I suggest the same.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Are you available for couple of general questions about this account?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Eg. Do you know if I Can I purchase only outlook ? Or do I need to purchase the entire office and if I purchase will it be working online or I can use offline versions of the software?

If you want only Outlook, why did you try purchasing the business version?

You can purchase Outlook alone but will be charged US $159.99 for 1 PC or Mac. And it is a one-time purchase.

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/p/outlook/cfq7ttc0hlkq?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

However, you can get Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Onenote, and Outlook for a cost of $249.99.

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/p/office-home-business-2021/cfq7ttc0hpn4?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Both are one-time purchases and you will not charge annually.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Oh thanks so much! This si very useful. It all started because of the problem I had with outlook (not syncing with Google etc). I thought I shall buy a new version of outlook and try to download everything there.
I purchased the business version for using it in the future for my business activity but I don’t really need it right now ; (
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for all your kind and very efficient assistance. It was life saving, I was getting so frustrated …. Thanks so much

You are most welcome. If you have any issues, please be back.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Of course! Thanks a lot

You are welcome!