ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

I have tried to delete an email address without success. The

Hello Pearl, I have tried to delete an email address without success. The address in question will cease to be active by the end of the week. I have tried this online but am now locked out of completing any further edits... What would you suggest I do?
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: Yes
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: I think I only have a password
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks - I only need to drop one email address and make another, already on file, as the primary address

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear user, could you please tell me which is the email provider of the account you want to delete?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I need to ask my partner...

sure, don't worry, I'll be here for you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I do not wish to connect for £22
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
iPage supplies our website and we have the holland-house emails through that

Dear user unfortunately at the moment I am not available for remote assistance, the payment for the same will be returned to you automatically because I have not accepted it.

But I can still help you from the chat with your query.

what is the full name of the email address you wish to delete?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

I understand, this is an email account provided by a dedicated hosting service with its own domain.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
the related business has now closed and the subscription has ended. I would like to make the gmail address the primary address... ***@******.***
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I tried to do this on line, did something wrong and got the message that I can't do this until next week!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Are you still there?

To delete this email you will need to request it to the web site administrator or to the support area of the hosting provider where the web site is hosted.

If the web services have already been cancelled, the emails will be automatically deleted once the expiration time expires. This can take an average of 15 days, depending on the hosting provider of the website.

Having said that if the domain is still valid the emails could still be working if a migration of the domain was performed. Otherwise once the domain stops working so will the email you mention.

In any case you could directly inform the technical support of your hosting provider and request the deletion of all information and existing emails on the platform.

remember that all contacts who write to your previous email will not be received since that account will cease to exist I recommend that through your new account or from the website inform your customers or contacts that to communicate with you they can do it through that new email address

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** working through all my contacts now. It is the "company" ones which cause most grief. I want to make sure that it is deleted in respect of Microsoft so that if you need to contact me, you don't use the wrong address. If only one address is on my file then you will only be able to contact me at that address.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The address will be non contactable when the subscription ends - very soon! I just need to make sure you don't contact me using that address. Easiest way to stop that happening is to delete it!

That is correct, any mail sent to an address that is not the one you will use from now on will not be received in the old account since it is in the process of being deleted.

Remember that if the deletion process is not successful you can request the action to your hosting provider with whom you had contracted the service.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I understand that - I am trying to delete it from my Microsoft account.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
there is only one address there... a ... gmail address
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
can you remove the "holland-house" address from my account?

Dear user, do you have a microsoft business account?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I do not have a business account

Do you view the holland-house account through the Outlook application?

ExpLari,
Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
when using a PC or Mail if using an iMac

click this link on the pc to remotely connect:https://join.zoho.eu/9861663161

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have been told I have accepted remote assistance - I do NOT wish to pay £22 for remote assistance!

1. From the main Outlook window, select File in the upper left corner of the screen.

2. Select Account Settings > Account Settings.

3. Select the account you want to delete, then select Remove.

4. You'll see a message warning you that all offline cached content for this account will be deleted. This only affects content downloaded and stored on your computer.

5. Select Yes to confirm.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can do that already - what I cannot do is to remove the problem address from my Microsoft account...

Dear user, sorry for the inconvenience caused by the other expert.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok

Dear user I can not understand correctly what you want to delete and from where you want to delete it, could you show me with a photo or screenshot where you see associated your account "holland-house" to indicate correctly the steps to follow?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will try to send a screen shot - I can't even log in now!

Are you trying to access your microsoft account?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Are you by any chance trying to log in with the email account you deleted "holland-house"?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
but I haven't deleted it - says I cannot log in except with a business account now...
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'll try a different device...
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I subscribe to MS office to get Word, Excel etc on several devices...

You made that subscription with which email address?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
a few years ago
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
sorry - misread your message
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I want to change the account email to ***@******.***
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have logged in now but it is on a different device...
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Will try and send you a photo...

I'm not sure if this is what you need but you can have a look at the following link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/add-users/delete-a-user?view=o365-worldwide

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will have a read... How do I send you a photo?

You can take the screenshot or photo and then from the chat look for the icon to attach document or image it is like a paperclip

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Have you received a photo?

Sorry can you send them in another format? the "heic" extension requires a license to view them which I do not have.

You want to add users and assign licenses at the same time on you microsoft 365?

Dear user, I have already managed to see the photos, I made a format conversion, sorry for the delay, I know what you want to do.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I understand your comment about file extensions - I took a photo on a different device - let me try again. I don't understand... "You want to add users and assign licenses at the same time on you microsoft 365?"

You just need to click on the "edit account info" button at the top right of that section and there you will be able to delete the account you want to delete and add the new gmail account.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But it says "We limit how frequently you can change your primary alias. Try again next week."
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I cannot delete either to start again - same message...

Ouh it is so...

Dear user, since you cannot wait until next week to try again due to the account deletion issue in your hosting, you could try to ask for help directly to microsoft and explain the situation, I will give you a direct link where you can start a process to be attended directly by the microsoft staff.

From here you can start the process of contacting microsoft support to help you with your current problem.

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you very much - I will appreciate the link BUT.... Microsoft sent me to you for just this help!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for the link... I will give it a try -

I understand please try again from the link I indicated, really from here we can not do anything more because it is already being blocked in its process by the automatic system that does not allow you to make changes frequently and is limiting it to wait until next week.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
are you nothing to do with Microsoft?

click this link on the pc to remotely connect:https://join.zoho.eu/8661790882

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ExpLari - thanks for your attempts to help me - but after 1 hour and 15 minutes I've really had enough. Thank you once again. Bye

Dear user, I am a computer expert in the Just Answer platform, in cases like this where the system already blocks the steps to follow to perform a particular action is needed is to contact directly with the Microsoft Staff.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But the Microsoft help sent me to you - that is what is so galling!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I had to pay!

Dear user, have you already tried from the link I provided? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
but there is so much there I just don't know where to start!

When you enter the link type what you need for example "change main login account" and then at the bottom of the screen you will see the following button

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
At the top of the chat it says I gave 5 stars. Whilst I am grateful for your time - I cannot award 5 stars at all - the whole experience has been very disappointing.

Dear user, I am very sorry for the experience if there is anything else I can help you with regarding your inquiry let me know.

Unfortunately the system ties our hands because by microsoft policies if a user recently made changes in the contact information section must wait the established time to perform this action again.