John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I’m not able to send email on my outlook account but I can

Customer Question

Hi I’m not able to send email on my outlook account but I can receive incoming emails and I desperately need this for the work that I do
JA: Hi. Are emails stuck in your outbox or is Outlook showing you an error message?
Customer: its showing an error message
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?
Customer: I don’t think so
JA: Is there anything else the Email Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will be helping you today. Sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

What is the error message it shows when you try to send an email?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry I’ll try and remember but I have a memory problem it just basically says your email can’t be sent at this time try again later I could try it from my laptop if you like to give you the exact message?
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Please do and let me know.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok I’ll do that right now
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Just has an exclamation mark and says couldnt send the following message
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m receiving incoming emails though we tested it
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Are you using the Microsoft Outlook email application or outlook.com the email?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Outlook.com email
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I think
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Can you take a picture of this error message, including the email page and sent it to me on this chat page?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It’s not allowing me to send to you for some reason
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
second one
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

To clarify, you are not able to send this specific email, am I correct?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
but I’ve tried to send at least 10 different emails to 10 different addresses and it won’t allow to send any
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Another one this morning and several yesterday i work as a barrister so desperately need it working
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Can you send a fresh new test mail to yourself? and see if it is sending and you are receiving it?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m definitely receiving incoming as we tested yesterday but I can see one to myself now if you like
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Please do and let me know.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Just tried to send an email to myself unfortunately it didn’t go through
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Click on more details and send me an image of it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can you tell me where this is please
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’ve got it
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Good.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This is the message it displays when I clicked on more details
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I already spoke to my internet provider and they said definitely an outlook problem as I’m receiving incoming
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Not that, click on more details on the error message on the right.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
that’s exactly what I did clicked on more details on the error message on the right and that’s what it came up with
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It’s not giving much away
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Correct. Please give me a moment.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m trying another one unfortunately it’s doing the same thing
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Please open this link https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/options/general/storage and wait for a moment to see the current storage level. Let me know.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi yes I’ve used up a huge amount off storage but have been deleting about 500 messages a day but I have to do these carefully being a barrister I have very sensitive court work etc but a message still keeps popping up my Mail box is full
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’ve deleted 2094 so far and have 35677 in my inbox
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
drafts I have 430
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It doesn’t seem to matter how many I delete it still says my mailbox is full
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do you think this is the reason
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Unfortunately, without enough space, it will stop sending and receiving soon. You can upgrade to get more space, up to 50 GB. It is showing that message because when you delete, it makes some space, and then it will add new emails to your inbox that are in the cache of the email server if there are any. Yes, I do believe that is the reason.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok for now because I simply only have time to delete a certain amount each day I’m extremely busy with 7 court cases and the business family issues and a stalker! How can I upgrade to 50gb ?
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

It is just below that storage status.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ohh is it so I already have about 50gb?
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Please send me an image of the storage status page.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Pic
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Not that. Open this link https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/options/general/storage and wait for it to load the storage settings page, then send me the image of that storage settings page.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It keeps saying 99 percent full even when I delete 2000 I simply don’t have time to sit there deleting thousands I’m ridiculously busy I can do it bit by bit just about
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

The email size is very small.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok no problem so you want me to go to outlook.com?
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Open the above link on the computer, please.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This is the message I’m getting doesn’t seem to want to load
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I haven’t spelt anything wrong or missed anything have i?
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

No, you haven't. In that case, click on the gear icon on the top right and select View all Outlook Settings at the bottom of the email page on your computer. That will open Settings. To view the storage status and upgrade options, select General on the left and Storage on the right. Send me an image of it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi John I should’ve said please bare with me today I’m not quite with it just lost my 99 year old grandad 2 days notice and I’m really unwell so sorry if I’m acting a bit stupid right now! Have clicked on settings and this is what it’s bought up
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Sorry to hear about your loss. It looks like he lived a long and healthy life. Not that settings. The gear icon is on the top right of the Outlook email page.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you John that is the main tool bar I can find on the top right do you have any idea what it might look like?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’ve got it I think
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Send me an image of it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is this the one
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Not that. You are still on the Google Chrome settings. Go to your Outlook email inbox and look for this

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’ve found that! Silly me should’ve realised was meant to still be on outlook
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

It's OK.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you what would you like me to go into?
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Select View all Outlook Settings at the bottom of the email page on your computer. That will open Settings. To view the storage status and upgrade options, select General on the left and Storage on the right. Send me an image of it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Pic
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Thank you. Using that option you can upgrade or empty folders in your email to create more space to fix this issue.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok I definitely can’t just wipe emails so how can I upgrade John?
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Click on the upgrade for more space option it shows and follow the on-screen instructions.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Just realised that sorry it says but Microsoft 365?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’ve got no idea which one I need to purchase
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It would probably be the 50 gb wouldn’t it? And unfortunately I don’t have the money until Wednesday
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

It is a package. It gives you Microsoft 365, which has the latest Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook (the email application) + 50 GB of storage for your email. You can get the personal version.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok John slight problem I simply can’t get it till Wednesday as have had a lot to pay out with my sons birthday this week! So broke at the moment! I also desperately need to change my password ***** the account can I contact you on Wednesday to sort this out luckily it will be quick now as we’ve been through it I’ll just leave the page open to purchase the storage for Wednesday and if ok contact yourself Wednesday regarding the password ***** have tried to change this but it’s been a nightmare and my ex partner knows my password ***** the account contains very sensitive documents
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Sure. Are you trying to change the password ***** your outlook email?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I desperately have too
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But the only option it gave me was to send a verification to someone else’s email address and wait 30 days!
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Did you change the recovery email or phone number on this outlook email?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Unfortunately I used an email address off someone that was a friend off mine but we don’t speak anymore so I wasn’t able to change it
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

It will take 30 days before you can change it. Sorry about that.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
He turned really nasty and wouldn’t give me what I needed to change it
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok how can I do this
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
As I don’t have an alternative email address
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is there a simpler way or does it have to be done via another email address
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Go back to the email inbox page, then click on your profile name on the top right, then use My Microsoft Account. Then click on the Security tab on the top and wait for it to show the password ***** options page. If that doesn't work, then you need to wait for 30 days.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok John if I do this though I’m going to have to leave the page to purchase extra storage and I’ll forget how to do it Wednesday unfortunately I was diagnosed recently with a memory problem
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Shall I just contact you on Wednesday once I’ve purchased the extra storage as I’ve left it on that page if that sounds ok?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I just won’t be able to work oh no
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

It's OK, you can access this JustAnswer page from your email or leave this chat page open on your phone.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok John I think because I’m feeling really unwell myself with glandular fever and pleurisy just really run down because off work and also the shock off my grandad I’ll purchase this on Wednesday and look at changing the password ***** the same time if that’s ok, I’m supposed to be signed off due to 3 heart procedures but still working on the cases I’ll leave this chat open and am extremely grateful for your help, I know how to purchase the storage now hopefully I won’t accidentally close the page, and I’ll follow your instructions for the email but if any problems I’ll contact you on Wednesday if ok I’m really grateful for all your time today thanks Nicky
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Sure no problem. Take care of your health first, and get some rest. If you need any help on Wednesday, let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you ever so much John you’ve been a fantastic help! And yes I do need to start taking care off my health I’ve been told too many times! But thank you so much Nicky
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

My pleasure.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks John hope you have a fantastic day it’s beautiful sunshine here
Expert:  John replied 9 days ago.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Your welcome
Expert:  John replied 8 days ago.
OK.