ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

I get hundreds of emails each day from Mailer daemon saying

Hi I get hundreds of emails each day from Mailer daemon saying I've sent emails to people that have been rejected. I haven't sent these emails. How do i stop this?
JA: Hi. What's your email provider? Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?
Customer: Outlook. I receive these emails every day in my in box
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?
Customer: I do have antivirus and firewall settings. these emails have been blocked by Mailer Daemon becuase they think they're spam as they're being sent (by God know who) every 2 minutes or so.
JA: Is there anything else the Email Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Larimar do you have the answer to my question?

Dear user, first it would be good to know if the emails you mention are being sent are in the outbox of your email.

In any case you could update your password ***** your email address in that sense if someone is sending mails from your account by changing your password ***** sending of messages could stop.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No there is nothing in my outbox. I've updated my password ***** put Restoro on my laptop but neither has worked

I understand, since when is this happening?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would say about 2 months but the frequency of the emails is getting greater. The emails are being added at the rate of one every 3 minutes or so

well according to what you tell me this seems to be the work of scammers, who are using your email address to send messages with your name, this could have happened when you accessed some strange link or untrustworthy page.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I think that's probably true

It is not necessary that the scammers who are doing the spamming need access to your account, they simply need to know your email address.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My website host reckoned on this too. He's removed my email address from my website and just has a button EMAIL ME

It is possible that in some website that has a service to send messages with your email address is also being used for SPAM.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Really!!

For example, a site with a contact form that is not protected by anti-SPAM tools such as a CAPTCHA.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How can I stop this?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK! That has been added fairly recently but the damage might have been done before this

You can prevent these messages by following the instructions in the GIF below.

When you block a sender, their messages will go to your Spam folder.

1. On your computer, go to Gmail.
  2. Open the message.
  3. In the top right, click More .
  4. Click Block [sender].

Tip: If you blocked someone by mistake, you can unblock them using the same steps.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is this the only way? I would imagine they will have hundreds of thousand of email addresses to choose from and this could take me a huge amount of time.

If by blocking one of them the problem persists then you should review your websites and add anti-spam protection such as google's CAPTCHA to the contact forms.