How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mike_a_mechanic Your Own Question
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Category: Mitsubishi
Satisfied Customers: 51
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
Type Your Mitsubishi Question Here...
mike_a_mechanic is online now

Hi, my K reg. 2.5 Auto SWB had no power and was very noisy

Customer Question

Hi, my K reg. 2.5 Auto SWB had no power and was very noisy (not from the engine, that was replaced 2 years ago and was fine) and an ex-Mitsi. mechanic that I know said that it was the torque convertor that needed changing. I was advised by an auto gearbox specialist in Barnsley to get the torque convertor and gearbox changed at the same time. My local Land Rover garage said that they could fit it for me if I sourced it for them. They have tried to fit 5 different convertors to 3 different gearboxes and failed. I used a different supplier and they finally got the parts in, only for me to find that the car now sounds worse than ever and has even less power than before. The garage have no idea what to do to put this right and none of the local auto experts want to help. I have said that I would pay them for their time and advice. I need someone to check the car and tell me where to go from here or to just fix it for me.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.


I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you,