mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Is it possible for the stater to stick? The dash lights stay

Is it possible for the stater to stick? The dash lights stay and don't dim! There is no click at solenoid/ starter! The truck ( mitsubishi shogun warrior 3.2 did 04) has being showing difficulty starting since I purchased it two weeks ago! New battery fitted and new glow plugs And now no go???

Gordon.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this is in fact the starter motor trying to lock up and causing the issue that you are having,you will only get the click normally from the solenoid failing.Replacing the starter will solve this issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX secures my original thought, my issue is also added with a security alarm system fitted
A Clifford g5! Supposedly this can immobilise the starter? However when I gave the stater motor a good smack it did try and turn over!

Thank you so far

Gordon..
This issue would not be caused by the security system,the starter would be the issue,because it tried to start after smacking the starter.The security system immobilizes the ignition switch,which this in turn prevents the starter from working,however hitting it would make no difference.
Let me know if you need further help,thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Mike,
Is it possible to move an automatic when its in drive mode or R? My understanding is not possible! However I managed to do so to try and unstick the starter!

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Gordon.

Yes the vehicle will move in any gear except park,and that would be normal operation.