How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Greg Your Own Question
Greg, All import japan models
Category: Mitsubishi
Satisfied Customers: 7276
Experience:  All Japan made models
Type Your Mitsubishi Question Here...
Greg is online now

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8 TD Intercooler

This answer was rated:

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8 TD Intercooler LWB (import) model, reg. n.: R295KWS and I'd like to replace the electrically adjustable shock absorbers with "normal", gas shock absorbers, because the original ones are very worn.
It's also fitted with coil springs.
What is your advice? Can I replace the original shock's with - for example - Monroe Adventure Gas Shock absorbers?
How to remove the electric motors and wires?
Thank you.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Yes this can be done,
All you have to do is remove the top electrical adjuster switch and tie up out the way .
Leave the system complete and just remove the fuse .

You may want to refit the original shocks some time in the future or the next future owner .

This is what i suggest my customers that donb't want to invest in new original shocks

We find the the Monroe Sensa-Trac give a better ride and work best .

Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.
Greg and other Mitsubishi Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg, thanks for your quick answer.

I found the Monroe Sensa-Trac shock absorbers on eBay, but I got this following message: "This item does not fit Mitsubishi Pajero/Shogun 1997 2.8 TD." So I don't know, what should I do. Also - because I'm not an expert - I don't know, what is the difference between the Monroe Adventure and the Monroe Sensa-Trac. The only thing I noticed, the second one is cheaper. :-)

Sorry for repeating the question, but I just want to be 100% sure, which one should I buy, which one will fit my car and will give a comfortable ride?

The other thing is, I don't want to sell my car, I want to keep it as long as possible and I'm sure that I don't want to replace the electrically adjustable shock absorbers, but I want to sell the electric motors and, if it's possible, the old shocker's as well. So this is the reason, why I want to remove the electric motors together with the shock's. But I don't know, how to remove them, without causing any damage.

Thank you very much.


Hi Gabor .

You can fit the shocks you suggested and will fit . the sensor trac are just a little bit softer ride probly not notice the difference .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, so the Sensa-Trac shockers are also can be fitted t my Pajero, and they can give a bit softer ride? Then I will buy them, of course. Thanks.

But where can I find the electric motors and how can I remove them?


Rgds: Gabor.

Hi Gabor

They are on top of each shock and boiled down with two 10 mm head bolts.
pull upward to remove fit into a small plastic bad and seal up and tie down on the chassis

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg,

So it's not possible to remove them from the car and sell them?


Hi Garbor .

You could be don't think it would sell.

Could try it in Ebay .most do as you are doing replacing with Monroe or bilstein shocks
remove the adjuster on top of the shock and follow the wiring harnjess to the next connection . but to remove complete you would have to open the wiring harness completely and remove the VSA control module which is behind the left rear wheel well ,behind the quarter panel

Be only the front that is controlled ..

Rgds Greg.