CarDoc
CarDoc, Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

10 plate mitsi asx. No power had windscreen fitted and

Customer Question

Hi 10 plate mitsi asx. No power had windscreen fitted and nothing. Battery fully charged
Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Constant. Its not picking up key sensor although hazards dont work either
Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Mitsubishi?
Customer: ASX 3
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked battery and fuses all ok.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dont think so
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its not picking up key sensor. The battery was flat but fully recharged now. Although hazard warning lights dont come on so no power. Checked fuses AOK
Expert:  CarDoc replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Apologies for the delay, sometimes it can take a while for your question to be answered, depending on the availabilty of the experts and the complexity of the question.

Can you unlock the doors with the key fob? Was this a running vehicle or was it just left parked up?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey Baz. Got car running by inserting the key fob in to socket in glove box. Flat battery must have set off immobilizer. Any idea how to re set key fob as still wont work outside of the socket or remotely cloae the doors?
Expert:  CarDoc replied 2 years ago.

Does your key fob have the red led between the lock and unlock button?

Expert:  CarDoc replied 2 years ago.

Sit in the driver seat and keep hold of the lock + unlock button simultaneously until the led flashes 3 times, then straight after, press the unlock button and the led should flash a further 2 times. All this has to be done fairly quickly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No...no good. Cant get bloody boot to unlock eeither
Expert:  CarDoc replied 2 years ago.

Does the key fob have power? Have you tried replacing the key fob battery?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried both key fobs so battery should be good in either one
Expert:  CarDoc replied 2 years ago.

This VIDEO shows how it should be done.

If this process does not work, you will have to get the keys programmed again with a Mitsubishi diagnostic software.