sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Got a 3.5 v6 GDI lwb shogun its sitting at 200 rpm and will

Customer Question

Hi, got a 3.5 v6 GDI lwb shogun its sitting at 200 rpm and will not increase or decrease its revs 2000 rpm
JA: What year is your LWB?
Customer: pedal doesn't do anything either
JA: Are you fixing your LWB yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed throttle body and throttle position sensor its in a garage
JA: Does the vehicle hesitate during acceleration? Or maybe speed up suddenly when you aren't even hitting the gas?
Customer: it went in as under load the engine management light was coming on and it went into limp mode has code p0120
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Category: Mitsubishi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please what diagnostic tool model did you use?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No as it is in a garage sorry

Dear customer, I apologize for my delay to get back to you.
The error code that you are presenting is actually referring to the TPS sensor or the throttle position sensor. This sensor is in charge of measuring the angle of the throttle as you accelerate the vehicle in the throttle body, it is more difficult to repair, but I am concerned that you have already replaced the throttle body and throttle position sensor because if it is faulty the possibility that the solution still only lies in a problem in the wiring or sadly a problem in the computer.

I do not know what year your shogun is but it is normal that over time, this type of damage may occur in the wiring or in the computer what we have to do is an electronic test with a tester or the same scanner.
It disassembled all the wiring to verify that it has no burned, pitted or corroded parts.

If the wiring is correct then, you proceed to disassemble the ECU or main computer and sent it to a test in a special test bench, it is very likely that once the wiring is ruled out, the ecu will have problems and you should replace it, another way to rule it out and simply installing an ECU from another same model Shogun to test if it fixes the problem.

Do you understand me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Kind regards.
Keep safe, Sebastian.