sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2005 l200 and the alarm has stopped working the

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2005 l200 and the alarm has stopped working the central locking. It still arms the car. If I lock it with key and arm it when I unarm it it will unlock all doors? When the alarm is going off the fob will disable it for 10 seconds but it will keep going off until I use the main override key. Also the panic button has stopped working on fob. I have tried both of my fobs and it’s the same on both. Thanks Andy
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: like I said it’s the same for both fobs?
JA: Are you fixing your L200 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am and apart from reading the alarm manual nothing as it hasn’t no answer under the troubleshooting section
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I still need help to get this sorted please
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, I think that the alarm system has been deconfigured, your mitsubitshi has the central locking system and the alarm system a little independent from each other, since the vehicle has an alarm system that works on specific programming and a locking module. centralized that works with other specific programming

What I observed is a programming problem in the alarm module, but not in the central locking system.

Therefore what you have first should do is factory data reset through a diagnostic tool with Mitsubishi software.

if this corrects the fault you should check if it is necessary to replace the alarm module.

A problem at the controls level is ruled out because both controls are working normally.

Do you understand me, dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best advise i can, therefore please do not doubt to ask if you have any doubt or if there is anything else i can help you with.
Kind regards, Sebastian.