Phillip H
Phillip H,
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Its got the service needed light as well as the engine light

Its got the service needed light as well as the engine light is on and it stalls whilst taking off
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No I don't
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mitsubishi Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2009 mitsubishi lancer
JA: Are you fixing your Lancer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I havent tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just as I said

Hiya

With the EML light on a full diagnostic code read would need to be completed to establish what codes are present. Once the fault codes have been obtained a diagnostic path can then be established.

The service light can be reset once the service is completed.

Phillip

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok rhank you

Hiya

No problem at all. Once you get the fault codes if you want to post them on here I wil see if any information is available.

Phillip

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok will do
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
P1777 is the code the mechanic said there was a valve in the gear box that is faulty he couldn't clear the code
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
what do you advise

Hiya

Have you got the registration number for the vehicle si i can select the right information through Autodata.

regards

Phillip

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Nu59axw
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
the car is showing a code p1777

Hiya

This fault codes points to the stepper motor of the CVT transmission. I don't believe it is a part that can be changed on its own. It is part of a complete valve body so as such is chnaged as a whole. I don't think they are that cheap however you would have to check this at your local dealer.

When changing the valve body it is vitally important that you use the correct Mitsubishi CVT fluid as this can also cause issues with the stepper motor and other component within the transmission causing them to gum up.

Phillip

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you so much

Hiya

No problem at all.

Phillip

Customer: replied 22 hours ago.
55358;�