sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My car won't turn on, Outlander 2018, Changing batteries of

Customer Question

My car won't turn on
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: Outlander 2018
JA: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changing batteries of the switch since it doesn't respond
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: No this is the first time, I did it just now
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, this seems to be a problem with the immobilizer system that has been activated.
Let me explain how your immobilizer system works.
The electronic immobilizer protects your vehicle by means of an electronic code integrated in the key. This is composed of an invariable personal code and a second code that the immobilizer modifies each time the engine is started.
When starting the vehicle, the immobilizer checks the personal code and the variable. If both codes are correct, the immobilizer sends a new coded signal to the engine control to unlock the engine. Without this signal, the engine can not be started, even by a bypass.
If you have a problem in the key or in the immobilizer, your vehicle will not turn on, this happens a lot when we perform works in the vehicle, it may have unintentionally done something to the battery that made the vehicle think that you were trying to turned on without its respective key or some other case that could activate the immobilizer.

If the immobilizer cannot verify the codes, this may be due to different factors, such as the key has been deprogrammed with the immobilizer, or that the key has no access to the vehicle, therefore the immobilizer inhibits the ignition , this type of problems is quite common so you do not necessarily have to go to the dealership to solve it, although it would be the most prudent and correct thing to do, there are auto locksmith garages and local garages that can help you with your case, reprogramming the key fob, key and the immobilizer, and verify if any of the modules present damages or if there is a short.

This problem may be the most likely but there are another factors like a problem with the key fob or main battery, fuses, key barrel or some sensor like the CKP sensor. Starter relay etc. That can inhibit ignition as well

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please call me
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

***********

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hey
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm here

Dear customer, for the moment I can't take calls but we can keep chatting here in the platform

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What can I do?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've paid just £5 for your answer!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But still I don't know what shall I do?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm out of London
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Somewhere in Kent
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When you can call me then?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hey, are you there?

Dear costumerwhen those sistems the best is to call a car locksmith company that are the same that opens cars , copy keys and controls programming etc.. They have home service to make the required program.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do you have any number of them at all?

Dear customer, unfortunately I do not know in the United Kingdom, but if you want to tell me where you are to help you locate one

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
AA told me because my car didn't use for 3 day the battery run off!!! This means that going to happen again?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
your advice was really helpful thanks

Dear costumer no, you have to check that the battery is not at the end of it´s spare life, because after three days is a very little time for it, that´s happens usually when there are battery problems or eddy current. an eddy current is a current that discharges the battery with the vehicle off or it may be open circuits.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Dear customer, a pleasure to serve you.