CarDoc
CarDoc, Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have discovered rust on the tailgate of my 2015 ASX which

Customer Question

I have discovered rust on the tailgate of my 2015 ASX which has only done 45K miles. I took it to panel repair shop and he advised it is perforated rust coming from the inside out and it should be covered be covered by Mitsubishi. I bought the car 15 months ago. Please advise as I have no warranty. Thanks
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2015 2.2L ASX (65 plate)
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not done any work whatsoever on the car. I can't do any work myself as I am disabled
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No the car is good
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 days ago.

Hi, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

You will be prompted for a phone call by the automated system, only accept this if we can't resolve the issue through messaging, otherwise we can continue our conversation on the message thread.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 days ago.

I'm sorry that you have had to experience this. Mitsubishi has a 7 year/100,000 miles perforated rust warranty so, you're still within their warranty period. You will need to approach your local Mitsubishi dealer and get the tailgate repaired by them, they should provide a courtesy car as most main dealer do, when your car has to stay with the dealer for an extended period of time.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 6 days ago.

If you have any further questions, feel free to message me by replying on this message thread.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.