sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Fault code p1299 Vogt system ( low pressure) engine light

Customer Question

Fault code p1299 Vogt system ( low pressure) engine light has come on and car keeps going into limp mode
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: yes i had it diagnosed and they gave me the code p1299
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: mitsubishi shogun eligence 2009
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am unable to fix it myself, but getting advised to replace the turbo?
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so?
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 13 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer this error code tells us about a problem of excessive heating in the cylinder head or combustion head, this can be produced by various factors, as having a problem of coolant circulation, you can take problems in the radiator, also the pump may have effects including the thermostat, finally if the engine is working normally it is possible that the temperature sensor is damaged.