sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2011 automatic Barbarian jumps significantly as it goes into

Customer Question

2011 automatic Barbarian jumps significantly as it goes into 3rd Gear
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: 57000 miles ,no fluid
JA: What is the model of your '11 Mitsubishi?
Customer: Barbarian Black
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: in a shop, stripped gear box, tried different valve set, checked ecu
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: this is all i know and the shop wants to just replace the Gearbox
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer the abrupt changes that produce jumps are mostly because the pressure sensor of the transmission is not controlling correctly the force of the hydraulic oil of the transmission. What happens is that many times we think that the temperature and pressure sensors are simple meters but in these models it is not so the pressure sensor is a sensor that not only measures the pressure of the fluid of the transmission but also orders the computer with what force it should make the changes when the sensor is defective the changes are very abrupt in this case the change of third gear. The pressure sensor is a sensor that not only measures the fluid pressure in the transmission but also tells the computer how hard to shift when the sensor is faulty the shifts are very abrupt in this case the third gear shift before recommending you to change a transmission I would recommend you to check what is happening at the sensor level maybe the sensor itself is correct but maybe the electrical wiring has problems so it is replaced in the box but you do not solve the problem in the wiring it will continue to fail.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I will check this out but is there any other possibility
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer I would be mostly inclined to do this, when you do the verification please contact me.