RichardM1126
RichardM1126,
Experience:  Expert
110837232

I went to put my heater on this morning to melt the frost

Customer Question

I went to put my heater on this morning to melt the frost but no blower or heater
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No I didn't but can confirm no leaks
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: Outlander 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I just looked in the fuse box I think according to the user manual it looks like a fuse is missing but I don't really know
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 5 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to hear that your having problems with your car,

so just to confirm you turn the blower on but it doesn’t work? Is that on all speeds? I’m presuming it was working before? If it was the fuse may be blown but shouldn’t be missing,

have you had any other work done to your car lately?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Doesn't work at all no work done

Ok so we need to check that the motor is free from debris and is getting a earth and feed signal, a voltmeter or test light is needed for this, I’m unsure if you have these tools?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No I don't sorry

Ok no that’s fine, the things you can check are the fuses and any wiring going to the motor,

if those are all ok it looks like a trip to a garage for it to be checked and rectified,

if I’m honest it sounds like a motor issue but wouldn’t want to guess so advise getting it checked

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thanks

No problem hope you get to the bottom of it

many