sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I'm having some errors on my 4d56 engine, 170k and yes 46 -

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I'm having some errors on my 4d56 engine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 170k and yes 46 - Injection adjust valve
- Present
43 - Timing control valve (TCV) Circuit
- Present
25 - Throttle position sensor
- Present
52 - VGT control pressure.
- Presen
JA: What is the model of your '52 Mitsubishi?
Customer: k74 l200 2005
JA: Are you fixing your L200 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying as this can be sensors issues
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the car works fine it's just doesn't respond as it should and fuel consumption it's 20l/100km
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
hello, chat is fine thanks

Dear customer, with which equipment did you do these diagnostics and what are the noticeable faults in your car?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
delphi
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
46 - Injection adjust valve
- Present
43 - Timing control valve (TCV) Circuit
- Present
25 - Throttle position sensor
- Present
52 - VGT control pressure.
- Presen

What work have you done so far?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
bought it like that, the main computer board looks fine, emission actuators one has resistance of 40ohms the other one 70ohms

Dear customer, regarding the faulty sensors, did you check them? Are the connections of these sensors correct?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
are correct
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
this is all you can tell me?

Dear customer from the fault codes there is a possibility that you have problems with the injectors, the engine timing system and the throttle body, I am not concerned about the oxygen sensor as irregular combustion does not necessarily mean that the vehicle has a damaged oxygen sensor. My recommendation is to start by checking the injectors, then disassemble the throttle body and check for excess dirt, if the fault code persists you may need to consider replacing the throttle body. You will need to check the engine timing as there are problems with both the timing sensors and the belt.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
alright, thank you very much
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian