sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have an Outlander phev that's afraid of the dark .this

Customer Question

Hi I have an Outlander phev that's afraid of the dark .this might sound silly but when the side or headlights are turned on a light comes on the dash and the car slows down .The light says ev motor needs service park up safely. I stop switch of wait a few seconds then restart and it's fine. I've tried switching other things on IE AC heater etc and not s problem.. had car on diagnosis machine with local garage after service and shows no fault
JA: What year is your Outlander?
Customer: 2014 2...0 phev
JA: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No the light came on a few weeks ago but the car needed a service so I took it to local garage and they done engine service and 4 new tyres .it was a couple of days after the service that I took it back to try and diagnose problem
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No unfortunately not
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mitsubishi Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, did you check the charge of your battery?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I haven't checked the battery although I have since this problem started charged the batteries both by in car whilst driving and through a plug in
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Dear customer this seems to be a problem in the electrical system, it seems to me that an emergency mode is being activated, I think it could be related to the load cells or wiring, the most appropriate is that you should make a diagnosis to check the origin of the fault, this can be done by any workshop as long as it has software of your brand.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian