sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My speedometer is stuck at maximum. Is there a reset

Customer Question

Hey there, my speedometer is stuck at maximum. Is there a reset procedure? This is for a Shogun Sport 3.0 V6 2004
JA: What is the model of your '04 Mitsubishi?
Customer: Shogun Sport, 3.0 V6
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried disconnecting the battery overnight, then resetting the ECU
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: battery is brand new
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: it happened after plugging in a OB2 scanner
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
OK great, I will wait

Dear customer, the reset of these devices must be carried out from a diagnostic equipment that has the software of the brand.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you :)

Dear customer, thank you for your understanding, these restorations are really not expensive and can be done in any workshop with multi-brand equipment.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian