Jeremy R
Jeremy R, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience. Factory trained and certified
8380480

I could be in 1st gear revs the engine and even tho I’m at a

Customer Question

I could be in 1st gear revs the engine and even tho I’m at a complete stop the bike thinks I’m doing 50 miles an hour
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: 9500 and no leaks at all
Assistant: What is the model of your '50 Honda?
Customer: Cbr 125r
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I’ve recently changed exhaust to a black widow
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  Aiden Glaser replied 7 days ago.

Hello, my name is Aiden and i will try my best in assisting you with your issue

I'm not entirely familiar with bikes, but have you by any chance checked the speedo cable? it should run off the back of the speedometer to the front wheel. You may have to remove some panels to access the cable.

Have a look to see if the cable appears damaged or frayed.

Given the age of the bike it might be worth changing this cable first as it is a cheap and easy fix. They are roughly £5 or less online.