Mr Cross
Mr Cross,
Experience:  Expert
112839393

I have a yamaha wr450 F 2019 which has ecu mapping via wifi

I cant conect to the wifi signal from the ecu unless the bike is running , the app says its conected when its running but i cant send info
several youtube clips i have viewed say you tap the starter button to be able to conect ,this doesnt work
help please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Please continue to try and sort it

Did you try the methods we spoke about over the phone?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Cleaned and checked all connectors
Charged battery still nothing

Did you try with the battery still hooked up to the charger?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yep tryed that as well
The ecu isn't getting power with bike not running
I've put a volt meter on it 12 volts when running by nothing when not running

Have you checked power from the GYTR? The ECU is powered from the GYTR when the bike is turned off before hitting the switch

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I thought GYTR was the tuning app
Where do I chins this unit

Give this thread a read and it will point you in the right direction in terms of diagnosing and setup.

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1049879-gytr-tuner-cant-communicate-with-the-ecu/

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
If you look The daddy's 9 on the post you would have sean its2013
Which they are talking about a hand held tunner or programer
Some no good for my 2019 model which had the phone app

In regards ***** ***** setup and wiring it is very similar, it should be a good guide in order for you to check the wiring and diagnose any issues.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That's why I asked on here for some one else to diagnose the problem
Not just doin me off with feeds from somewhere else

It is impossible to diagnose the problem without working on the bike, we are here to assist you in finding the cause of the problem, with so many possibilities this is not something that can be resolved first off without ruling out things that can be the cause of the problem, therefore it needs narrowing down until the problem is found. I hope you understand that.

Thank you for using Just Answer this job is now complete.

Mr Cross,
Experience: Expert