sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Front brakes not working, No we’ve changed the front brake

Customer Question

Front brakes not working
JA: Have you tried "bleeding the brakes" to get any air out of the line?
Customer: No we’ve changed the front brake disc and front wheel become hardly to move
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: Lexmoto Urban 2019
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: To change the front brake disc
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 21 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, the front brakes do not apply when the brake pedal is pressed?

Can you tell me how this happened?

Did you check the brake pump and the brake cylinder?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Dear customer in most cases the brakes work incorrectly when there is not enough pressure in the pumping system of the brakes this can be because the pump is not working properly or because the cylinder no longer has the proper operating pressure when this is the case it is recommended to check both components, the pump is always replaced but the cylinder can be rebuilt as there is a kit to change the internal seals of this cylinder.

Also check the connections to the front brake calipers and in particular check for brake fluid leaks.