Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

My indicator lights are staying on On my gsxr 600 I have

Customer Question

my indicator lights are staying on On my gsxr 600 I have swapped the flasher relay still not working
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Yeah all working fine, and it has about 20k miles
JA: What year is your 600?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your 600 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yeah fixing my self, I have tryed swapping the flasher still not working
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Phillip H replied 7 months ago.

Hiya

Are both indicator lights on and are they flashing?

Allegedly the Turn Signal Relay also has some connection to the Side Stand as well.  The Side Stand has a switch on it so I am wondering if this Side Stand Switch is the issue.  I have bo ides if the switch should be open when the stand is down or closed however if you carry out a continuity check in both postions and the reading doesn't change then I suspect this cold be the problem.

If this checks out ok then you are looking at a wiring issue or a Turn Siignal Switch issue.

I have checked this wiring diagram which is the best I can find so i hope it is right! Wiring Diagram

Phillip

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Phillip thank you for the information, I have couple of pics for you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
File attached (Q473GT1)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
File attached (QPZ261G)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All of my indicators are staying on front and back

Hiya

That looks none too pretty!  I would start by repairing the wiring loom.  You may have to bypass the connector if you can't get a new one!  Be sure to use Heat Shrink over your solder joints to ensure a good waterproof covering.

It looks like someone has probed the wire with probe of some kind.  This hsould never be doen as it allows water ingress into the wiring loom.  Any testing procedures should be carried out at the connectors using back probe pins down the side of the terminal to ensure the the waterproof seal isn't damaged.

Phillip

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sadly I took it for a MOT and couple of days later had the this all happened…. Do you think that’s the problem?

Hiya

It could well be the cause.  I don't know what that wire does without carrying out voltage and continuity checks however wiring should never look like that!

Phillip