How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bob Your Own Question
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 6081
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Bob is online now

I have worsening pain in my lower lumbar area which I think

Customer Question

I have worsening pain in my lower lumbar area which I think goes with my age ..65..and long sporting history!However I have also now got worsening 'referred pain into my RT knee and severe pain when walking( only last two weeks) in the pelvis and inner RT thigh region.A physio thinks its a ilio-psoas strain( I have no recollection of any strain during the last month!) I am doing the recommended exercises and the pain is worse and I would agree with the physio as psoas stretches are so painful!!Do I need an MRI scan to get to the bottom of this???
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 5 years ago.

Doctor-Bob :

Hello. This pain could be coming from your hip joint. Does it hurt more when you touch your right heel to your left knee?

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 5 years ago.
Hello, David. How's the leg pain today? Has it improved at all? Let me know if you still need assistance. I would be happy to help.