How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I have fizzing sensations around my buttocks, legs and left

Customer Question

I have fizzing sensations around my buttocks, legs and left arm from top to bottom. also accompanied by some weakness. I have a curvature of the spine in the lumbar region and have underwent 2 cervical diskectomy's 17 years ago. how urgent a problem could this be ?

The original pins & needles around my buttocks & genetalia was dismissed by my GP over 12 months ago I have been a little incontinent at night...My height is 6ft 2ins Weight @ 140kg. I have been in hospital for 36hrs because of suspected stroke. ( all the problems were on the left side) Head CT & neck ultrasound ok. Now having problems in LA & LL&F. RH & RL. MOST FIZZING is presently on left side

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Thank you,

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You need an MRI of the lower spine, and possibly an EMG nerve conduction study.

This can be from disc disease.
See a physical medicine doctor if you have to.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].