How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bob Your Own Question
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5657
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Bob is online now

I need to find a good Parkinson neurologist in Britain.

This answer was rated:

I need to find a good Parkinson neurologist in Britain.  I look well an have no external symptoms that show except pain an stiffness in legs - mostly right leg an foot

Dr. Bob :

Hello. If the Madopar and Sinemet have not helped at all, or made your symptoms worse, this calls into question the diagnosis. I would suggest you ask your GP for a referral to a neurologist (or second neurologist) to confirm the diagnosis. Other neurological conditions can mimic PD,especially in the early stages. You would want to get the diagnosis right so that you can get on the proper treatment, and as soon as possible.

Dr. Bob :

A general neurologist should be able to confirm or challenge the diagnosis of PD. If a more specialized neurologist is needed, the general neurologist can provide a referral for you.

Dr. Bob :

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions for me.


I understand what you say and your reasoning is the same as mine and what bought me to you. Ihad intended to put myself in the hands of an expert Parkinson Dr and was asking you for names of good neurologists that I could contact. Do you have these names for me? That is what I need help with

Dr. Bob and other Neurology Specialists are ready to help you