How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bob Your Own Question
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5642
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Bob is online now

There Dr Bob I have had a prob with my neck which wa siscovered 4 years ago. The MRI

Customer Question

Hi there Dr Bob
I have had a prob with my neck which wa siscovered 4 years ago. The MRI scan showed two compressed vertebrae in my neck, causing the nerve to be compressed. However the nurologist was surprised that I coukd still feel evything all my toe and dinger etc and apart from the discomfort nd spsms in my neck, he recommended no tretment. I had a car accident two years ago which gave me a bit of whiplash sonI had new MRI's which showed not much difference. However I have now just had a new MRI and he has been suprised by the degeneration.and the nerve is now markedly more compressed, and the osteoprois in my spine has causd the spurs to push into my spinal cord, and distort it. The Nurosurgon here says my reflexes are now showing reactions and I am losing a bit of strength in my hand (all on the LHS). He is suggesting replacing/repairing 2 vertebrae and I believe one disc and holding togetherwith a cage or metal plate. I was v happy to take his advice but then everyone
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
It sounds as if your cervical spine degeneration has progressed over time and the situation has become more serious. Since surgery is being considered as an option, you should consider getting a second opinion prior to making any decisions. You might also request nerve conduction testing (NCV/EMG) to assess the location and severity of the nerve damage in the arms and possibly the legs as well. This could help you in making an informed decision about the risks and benefits of surgical correction.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Do you have any follow up questions? Let me know if you do and I would be happy to help further.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Our thread is about to close. But it is not too late to ask additional questions regarding your spinal stenosis. If you feel your questions have already been answered, please accept my answer so I get credit for the time spent addressing your post.
Thank you,
Dr. Burns