How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Neurodoc Your Own Question
Neurodoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 8259
Experience:  MD, Trained in Neurology with special reference to developmental & behavioral disorders
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Neurodoc is online now

I have been told I have colstone and waiting a opperation

This answer was rated:

I have been told I have colstone and waiting a opperation but I keep having so much pain but I take pain killers but It keeps on for around 4 hours and sometimes longer Can I do anything about it
I am sorry to hear about your pain issues with Gall Bladder Stones.I hope that you can get the surgery done soon, since that is the proper treatment for GB stones.In the meanwhile you can try taking a prescription pain medicine for the same. I would recommend talking to your doctor for the same, since over the counter medicines are not likely to work here are some things that you can do in the meantime:intake of only clear liquids to give the gallbladder a rest,avoid fatty or greasy meals, andtake acetaminophen (Tylenol, etc.) for pain.Abdominal pain with vomiting, fever, or jaundice warrants an immediate visit to a doctor's office or a hospital emergency departmentFinally, If your gallstones are small and don't contain calcium, it may be possible to take ursodeoxycholic acid tablets to dissolve them.However, these aren't prescribed very often because:they're rarely very effectivethey need to be taken for a long time (up to two years)gallstones can recur once treatment is stoppedSide effects of ursodeoxycholic acid are uncommon and are usually mild. You can talk about this treatment option with your doctor as well.Warm regards
Neurodoc and other Neurology Specialists are ready to help you