How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Amita Your Own Question
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 2127
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr.Amita is online now

I have suffered with sciatica years now on and off,

Customer Question

I have suffered with sciatica for 10 years now on and off, my GP suggests that surgery will not be an option until the issue is a lot worse, the problem is located with in the S2 section of vertebrae in my lower back, I've tried medication and other things but they are just a temporary fix, i am looking for a long term solution for this issue.
can you advise please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.
HelloI amCustomerand I would be assisting you with your concerns.I am afraid that due to some reason the question was not available to me for answering.It has now been posted in my question list and I am going to help you out.If surgery is not an option you should consider epidural steroid injections which can give you good pain relief.You will need to see a pain management specialist for these injections.