How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 11886
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

I have asked my locsl authority for an Assessment under

Customer Question

I have asked my locsl authority for an Assessment under Children andxFamily Act for my child statememted since 5 due to ABI at birth. She has been misdiagnosed with LD and continues to have UNMET needs. The EHA has not happened and the school and LA are not meeting her needs. My MP says get legal advice after I have complained as the Council say there isn tba service andxthey only assess TIER 4 whatever that is. I have quoted the Act to them and they still refuse in writing. Advice welcome
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still looking for the answer re my childs Acquired brain injury and the impact on her daily life as the LA are refusing an Assessmemt of her unmet needs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been informed by my GP that he could have made a referral to the local hospital for her to be seen by Consultant Pediatrician to then make a referral up to a Neurologist, however, because I did not want her to go to the hospital who caused the ABI the GP can not get another hospital to take his referral due to her Behaviours and LD diagnosis. Could you please advise me where to go to get her assessed/reviewed and any help for her.
The LA say it is health and health say it is LA...who will help this poor child of mine?
I can not get support from HEADWAY Charity unless she has a diagnosis of ABI and although this is the case it has not been determined by anyone as no one will see her.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old is your child now?

What is the childs unmet needs at this time?

Does your child have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is 15 years old. Attends special school.
Has been mis diagnosed with LD as it is now evidently ABI linked to her birth. Oxygen starvation, erbs palsy and dropped on floor.
UNMET NEEDS ...She has poor memory as in Npt orientated to day time date. Forgets process sequence etc..Communication good cognition varies in her level of understanding ...Does not go out of the house..dislikes people...paranoid...0 - 10 in moments in frustrations and anger leading to phydical hitting out if not deflected by Adult. Extreme emotions love \ hate and limitations in social interactions. Poor diet overweight never full.
Medications - Sleeping med Ciccane not working - lack of iron so on tablets -
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She skips and jumps around talking to herself when she is relaxed and at ease.....this behaviour makes other peers look at her and she will challenge them.
She is a not a non conformist but creates mayhem eg sets of fire alarms etc..Flight or fight if in school preferring to be at home all the time.
Local authority say health...Healtg say LA ...LA say Education we are going in circles...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She had a WISC recently svoring average 6 - 8 with a scope of 4 - 12. which was disregarded to get IQ of 79. Comment from specialist psych this indicated an extremely unusual disparity for further consideration but NO ONE is interested in assessing her. HELP PLEASE
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

thank you for that additional information.

From what you have posted you next step should be to hire an attorney who has extensive experience in childhood disability.

I do not think you are going to get much farther trying to fight this on your own.

Does this make sense to you?

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS