How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 59048
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have numbness on my back going from under my shoulder

Customer Question

I have numbness on my back going from under my shoulder blades spreading up along on both sides what should I do?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 10 months ago.

how old are you?

male or female?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm 25 years old, female. It started a few years ago it was just a small patch on my right side just under my shoulder blade but it has spread since. I used to be in pain with it and my doctor said it was repetitive strain but the numbness is still here and getting worse.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 10 months ago.

It is definitely nerve related in your spine

I would get an MRI of your spine in this area

I suspect you have multiple bulging discs

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again: