Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I have been taking the mini pill cerzette since Monday past

Customer Question

I have been taking the mini pill cerzette since Monday past since only six days. Have been having moderate headaches since then been fine today but have been experiencing visual disturbances in my right eye like fuzziness. Have also in past few days had numbness and pain in right and left cheek and tingling in right hand. I do experience migraines with aura.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 11 months ago.

The mini pill such as Cerzette is thought to be safe for women with migraines. I doubt that your symptoms are due to the Cerzette, but just to be safe, I would consider stopping the Cerzette for a while and see whether they disappear. It the symptoms are gone while not taking cerzette but return when re-starting it, we'd have to conclude that the pill is responsible.

However, I think that it's more likely that this will not be the case. If your symptoms continue while off the Cerzette, then I think we can conclude that there is no relationship, and then you can take the Cerzette with no worries.

If your symptoms really seem to be due to the Cerzette, I would talk to your doctor about trying a different mini pill. Best wishes.