wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

The front left of my brain is numb and has been for quite

Customer Question

Hi, the front left of my brain is numb and has been for quite some time. I can’t seem to absorb any information and there is short term memory loss. I am currently on Vortioxetine and modafnil with occasional use of Valium.
Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: Kind of.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: There has been a history of baseline anxiety. My psychiatrist tried both escitalopram and Pregabalin previously but I am now off them
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
To clarify the nimbleness, it is like the ‘executive function’ or decision making power of the brain is numb. There is no response to any external stimuli. I can still speak and write.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

How old are you?

M/F?

How long has this been going on?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
35 male
No other medications
It has been going on and off for some years but much more pronounced after a panic attack/chronic anxiety in august last year.
I have been unemployed for 13 months which was the driver of the anxiety
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 7 months ago.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

In the USA the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the World and I am sure that there is one near you in Kuwait.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS