wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

A close friend aged 70 has just been diagnosed with Motor

Customer Question

A close friend Chris aged 70 has just been diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease. Is there any cutting edge/new technology available anywhere that would be worth while trying to slow or assist in the management of this disease
Category: Neurology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

That depends on what MND he has, what his other health problems are, how advanced his MND disease is etc.

The best thing to do would be to gather up copies of all your friends medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that your friend could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

I am sure that there is a such a center in Hong Kong.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS