wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have nerve damage in my left arm. My main sympton is

Customer Question

i have nerve damage in my left arm. My main sympton is muscle weakness. This caused by shingles, starting in May. Am on co codamol and pregabalin. Can a neurologist help me, and how quickly can I see one?
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: had cancer 3 years ago - lymphoma. was in armpit of now nerve damaged arm. in complete remission
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

How old are you?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just turned 70, I am bipolar (medicated) and have type 2 diabetes, I use a forced air machine for sleeping. had cancer (lymphoma) 3 years ago and in remission. Have essential tremor (mild) Just had my gall bladder out
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

It is entirely possible that you might still regain strength in that arm.
I tell patients with your condition that they may still improve for up to 6 months after the shingles outbreak.

That being said if your GP would refer you to a neurologist that would be the place to get the best advice and treatment.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS