Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have been having a constant headache for four weeks.

I have been having a constant headache for four weeks . Mainly stemming from the right eyebrow above my eye , it sometimes moves to the left eyebrow . I have had a ct and it’s clear but I am waiting for an mri . The doctor thinks it originally was cluster headaches but now could be nerve pain . Now on Gabapentin , will it make the headache worse . Cause took some yesterday and the nerve headache is pretty bad but that could just be the headache ?
Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have asthma and sinusitis occasionally but have taken two course of antibiotics and they did not help so I don’t think it is sinusitis

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Since how long have you had these symptoms?

2. Is there any dizziness so severe that you need to hold on to something when you feel dizzy?

3. Do positional changes (like turning head/ turning around/ standing from sitting) induce dizziness?

4. May I know your age and gender please?

5. Are these headaches associated with nausea and vomiting and if there is vomiting does the headache get better?

6. During the headache are you in an irritable mood?

7. Does sleep make the headache better?

8. Do flashes of light like you experience while driving at night because of oncoming vehicle lights or seeing TV in a dark room or stress, precipitate headache?

9. Is the headache always one sided or does it alternate?

10. Off late have you observed any weakness of any body part?

11. Are you currently on any medication?

12. Is there any personal or family history of migraine?

13.Is there any personal or family history of seizure disorder please?

14.Does this head ache last only for few seconds with very high intensity or is it a dull nagging head ache going on for hours together?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Roughly about 5 weeks . I have had day where I have been very dizzy . If I turn my head too quick yes I get dizzy . I am 42 female . Occasional nausea but very little . Yes the headaches put me in an irritable mould . It’s lasted 5 weeks now so I feel worn out and emotional with them . Sleep does help if I take painkillers before I sleep .The headache is pretty constant . Mainly right side above eyebrow but can move to left eyebrow . Occasional moves over my head . But mainly right eyebrow . Which is sore to touch . My body feels weak all over and have pulled my calf muscle twice in last month . On Gabapentin . My granny had bad headaches . No seizure disorder . Sharp pain going on for weeks . Neck can be sore too

Hi... Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you, I feel that you are having migraine without Aura.

As of now the best relief you will get is from Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg taken three times a day after food.

But if your headache is recurrent and is becoming debilitating then I suggest prevention will be the best way out and the best drug for that will be tablet Propranolol started at the dose of 10 mg per day and gradually increase to 40mg per day based on the treatment response.

But Propranolol is a prescription drug and you will require medical evaluation and doctors prescription for it.

Gabapentin would not make the symptoms worse please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could it be nerve pain with it coming from the eyebrow ? They injected a nerve block over the eye and it helped
It might be ir it might not be.

But at the same time Propranolol is a very safe medicine and is worth trying when compared to the suffering you are going through please.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will the Gabapentin work ?

You just said Gabapentin is not working please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have only started it yesterday . I was just concerned incase it made my headache worse
Then you need to continue it before deciding that it doesn't work please.

Infact Gabapentin is a very good drug.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you . How long before it starts to work?
Usually 72 hours to 7 days please.

May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yes that’s fine

Happy to help!

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani