wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am beginning to look into a way forward for my essential

Customer Question

Hi, I am beginning to look into a way forward for my essential tremor condition. It appears to be worsening and affecting my entire body. In researching it appears that it could be linked to my lifelong eating disorder. I am 42 and urgently want to find help with this deterioration. Rather than going to the GP I would like to find someone who might specialise in this link and be able to help me. Do you have any ideas who I could contact?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no and none
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

M/F?

How long has this been going on?

Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am female, have had the tremor since age 7 and eating problems since age 11.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and ask your GP to refer you to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS