neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

My son has had been feeling very lethargic recently and has

my son has had been feeling very lethargic recently and has collapsed a few times, unable to walk and very dizzy. we had a private MRI scan carried out that has identified a cranial cyst. we found out today and need to now what the best course of action we need to do next. Any advice greatfully appreciated
JA: The Neurologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?
Customer: He has a a few more than he usually would
JA: Anything else in your son's medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: he broke his lower back 10 years ago, L2 and L3 and had two rods fixed to whole length of spine for two years
Do you have any more information about the cyst? For example the size, the location? And did the MRI mention the type of cyst, such as arachnoid cyst?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
at this time we were only given this diagnoses by the doctors this morning. They have said we need to see a neurologist - but the waiting list is very long
OK, thanks. It is a bit difficult to make recommendations without knowing exactly what kind of cyst this is, but certainly having a neurologist or neurosurgeon evaluate the system would be important. It is rare, however, that a cyst is the sole cause of neurologic symptoms, as most of them are stable and size and relatively small.
If you were able to get a little bit more information, I could be more specific with the recommendations.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i will try and get an appointment with a neurologist to assess the scans and give a clearer diagnoses.
thanks for your help
You’re welcome.
Best of luck to your son.