neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

I have long term back pain Assistant: Have you had any

Customer Question

Hi I have long term back pain
Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: no...on my MIR results is that my two neck "cushion" are moved and I don't know now or both are little cracked
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have that problem for long term...its started with arm pain and after all they send me for MRi
Category: Neurology
Expert:  neurosurg replied 11 days ago.
Hello-

Is there a specific question we could answer?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, what can I do with this bulging discs please? Physio, exercises....or...? I have no idea...my GP sended me home with ibuprofen and thats it
Expert:  neurosurg replied 11 days ago.

OK, thanks.

In most cases -- we start out with exercises and physical therapy.

Seeing a therapist is generally most helpful, because much of the pain can improve with improvements in muscle strength, posture, stretches that get the stress off of the degenerative discs in the neck (or lower back).

Using ibuprofen (antiinflammatory) is also helpful.

If you have pain that radiates down into the arm or hand -- then seeing a neurosurgeon may be helpful, as they would want to evaluate if you had "pinched" nerves in the neck causing those symptoms, as some of those may require surgical intervention.

Expert:  neurosurg replied 11 days ago.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!