wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I’m a 25 year old female and in the last couple years I’ve

Customer Question

Hi, I’m a 25 year old female and in the last couple years I’ve had a decline in my ability to speak and overall cognitive behaviour. Have sensations of a tight band around my forehead and it feels like there is fluid moving around in the top of my head. I have been to my go and have had several blood tests but everything has come back normal. Do you think I should see a neurologist?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: I feel like my symptoms get worse when I am stressed. And nothing has made it feel particularly better.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Neurology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

what has happened to your cognitive abilities?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am a lot slower I make very silly mistake things that I didn’t do before like spilling a drink or bumping into things. Things like cooking take a lot of mental strength, and I am also absent minded a lot.

My speech is distorted and I say sentences sometimes that don’t make sense.

I have also weird physical symptoms like twitches. And the experience crawling sensation on top of my head, my head feels very heavy and feels like I have fluid in the top of my head.

Along with that I have had a dramatic personality change, noticed by my family.
I’ve had lots of blood work but have only been diagnosed with anemai and vitamin D.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My eyes are also bulged more then before since I started getting this symptoms. Last but not least I experience like a popping sensation in my leg constantly.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

What does your GP have to say about all of this?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My gp has run lots of blood tests and is stumped.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am having a blood test for hypothyroidism tomorrow to rule that out. Next will be an MRI.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues, pending the thyroid tests and upcoming MRI. Would you say this is a correct statement?

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and ask your GP to refer you to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS